Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kaiyil mithakkum...

A song that symbolizes delicacy; from Rakshakan...

Kanava illai kaatra?
Kanava nee kaatra?

Dream or the wind?
Are you a dream or the wind?

Kaiyil mithakkum kanava nee?
Kai kaal mulaittha kaatra nee?
Kaiyil yenthiyum ganakkavillaye...
Nurayaal seitha silaya nee?

Are you a dream that floats on my hand?
Are you a dream that has sprout hands and legs?
You don't weigh even when I am carrying you...
Are you a sculpture made of bubbles?

Ippadi unnai yenthi kondu
Indira lokam poi vidava?
Idayil koncham vali eduthalum
Chandira tharayil paai idava?

Shall I carry you like this
And go even unto heaven?
Shall I lay a mat for you on the face on the moon
Even if it would be a little strenuous?

Kaiyil...

Nilavil porulgal idai izhakkum
Neerilum porul idai izhakkum
Kaathalil kooda idai izhakkum
Indru kandenadi -
Athai kandu kondenadi...

Things lose weight on the moon
Things lose weight in water
I discovered that things lose weight
Even in love -
I discovered it dear...

Kaathal thaaimai irandu mattum
Bhaaram enpathai ariyathu -
Un palingu mughatthai parthu kondal
Pasiyum valiyum theriyathu...

Love and motherhood are the two forms
That don't feel weight -
As long as I can see your mirror face
I wouldn't feel hunger or pain...

Unnai mattum sumanthu nadanthal
Uyaram dhooram theriyadhu -
Un mel vanthoru poo vizhunthaal
Ennaal thaanga mudiyathu...

If I would carry you alone
I wouldn't know height or distance -
If even a flower falls on you -
I wouldn't be able to stand it...

Kaiyil...

No comments:

Post a Comment